First thing we would like to welcome all the new members to the Central West Virginia Wireless Association
Over the past previous months there have been many discussions between members of both clubs, officers and also the board of directors, of the combining of these two clubs into one organization, and through all the final voting and discussion processes, everything has been agreed upon and the combining of its members and clubs will now take place.
What does this mean?
- CWVWA will honor and absorb all of the current active members of the Stonewall Jackson Amateur Radio Association into the CWVWA membership for the remainder of the year, dues for renewal always start at the first month of the calendar year.
- CWVWA will obtain the 1×2 call sign (K8DF) that SJARA has and transfer ownership over to CWVWA for field day & repeater uses.
- Stonewall Jackson Amateur radio Association will donate it’s property consisting of, 2 HF radios, multi-band yagi antenna, tower, rotator, 200ft coax, and other misc. items used for field day / EMCOM activities
- SJARA funds will be transferred into CWVWA funds
When does all this happen?
- SJARA members are now considered CWVWA members as of 7-20-2017 on the final vote held at the SJARA members meeting held on 7-20 and a final vote to accept all terms.
- over the next 30-60 days SJARA officers will remain to ensure that all transfers of property, closures of accounts, FCC documentation, has been finalized and then a dissolution of Stonewall Jackson Amateur Radio Association will then have been met.
The main goal of the combining of these two clubs is to further strengthen the local ham community as a whole and also allow us to to do more different things amateur radio related and also to have more resources to us available to use.
Please welcome our new members:
The following SJARA members are already active members in CWVWA